How can I find out what is wrong?
You and your partner will have thorough exams. You both will be asked questions about
- your sexual history and whether there have been pregnancies before
- your medical history
- your use of drugs and alcohol
- how often you have sex and if you use a lubricant
- any surgery on your sex organs or in your abdomen.
You may also have these tests:
- Tests of urine and blood. This checks for infections and your hormone levels.
- Tests of the mucus from your cervix and tissue from the lining of your uterus. This finds out if your ovaries work.
- Your partner's sperm may be counted. He may be making too few sperm to get you pregnant.
- Dr. Hardy may also want to make sure your tubes or uterus are not blocked. He may check for scar tissue in your pelvis.
- Dr. Hardy may use a scope and a blue-colored fluid to help see the organs. This helps him determine if your tubes are opened or closed.