Back to Infertility

How is it treated?

If Dr. Hardy finds a problem that makes it hard for you to get pregnant, he will give you some or all of the following treatments.

  • Medication to make you ovulate.
  • Surgery to remove endometriosis, cysts, scar tissue, fibroids, polyps, etc.
  • You may be asked to keep a record of your daily temperature. This will help you see if and when your eggs leave your ovaries.
  • Your partner may also need to be treated by a Urologist.

You have many choices:

  • If your partner's sperm count is low, he may be able to collect sperm at different times. Then his sperm can be placed in your body at the same time your egg leaves the ovary. This is called artificial intrauterine insemination (IUI). This is performed in the office.
  • You can use sperm given by another man.
  • Your egg and your partner's sperm can be put together in the lab. Then the growing egg can be put into your uterus. This helps if your tubes are blocked or damaged. This procedure can cost a lot, and it doesn't always work. You may become pregnant with more than 1 baby at a time. This is called In Vitro fertilization. This is not done by Atlantic OB/GYN. You can have this done at New Hope Center or Jones Institute.
  • You should know that all this can be hard for you and your partner. It can help to get counseling.