What can be done to help prevent infertility?
You can lower your chances of having these problems. Here's what you can do:
- Use latex condoms when you have sex. This helps prevent the diseases that people get from having sex. These diseases often cause problems later on.
- Have sex only with your partner.
- Do not use lubricants when you have sex.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Do not use street drugs.
- Ask Dr. Hardy or the Nurse Practitioner about the medicines you use.
Call the office if you have any problems. Watch for:
- a discharge from the vagina that is not normal
- a pain in your abdomen
- bleeding from your vagina that is not normal
- a change in your periods
- pain when you have sex
- sores and itching in the vagina or rectal area.